Monday, March 9, 2015

Pre Settlement

 We finally had our walk through today.  There is so much to remember to maintain a home.  I will admit that we are probably a little nervous about this one because this is something that we chose everything that went in to the home.  And with little swatches and cut outs its hard to see the big picture.  That is until pre settlement.  So here are a few pics from today.
My Juliette- they still have to repair the portico- which I have in writing

The door really looks brown today- thinking about a paint change






I love my back splash














Bedroom #2 


If I get any more pics tomorrow, I will add them later.

As far as the mortgage mess, it got a little messier.  I will not report any more here, but I am still holding out hope that it will work out soon.  Just make sure, you get EVERYTHING in writing.  I think my only saving grace is that the mortgage company admitted there was a mis communication  which makes them more willingly to work with us to get this resolved.  So whatever they say ask for it in letter form.

9 comments:

  1. Your house looks amazing! I love the choices in your kitchen, bathroom, and flooring! Good luck with the mortgage company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks stunning!! I love the arches I see, I love, love , love some windows I see that start at the floor. Gorgeous!! I think we may have the same kitchen backsplash (without the trim). Did you go with the backsplash from our community basement wet bar? Terrace Beige...that's what we chose. I hope you are in love with it all. It looks so nice. When will you move in? Maybe take time to let the door color sink in before changing it. It looks nice to me. Where you thinking to match your shutters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't remember the name of the tile- I just knew it was subway tile and I worked out a special order for the listello. The listello was actually part of the level C packages for the bathrooms, and I just put in a special request. I did discover that I have tile in my shower because it was part of the luxury package upgrade when we chose the luxury bathroom. We do like our choices and we are really excited about the home. We are still working to resolve issues with the mortgage company but we are closer to hammering it all out. Once that is done- we can begin the move and begin to put this home on the market.

      Delete
  3. Well great selection choices. Sorry to hear about your experience with the mortgage company. I didn't realize you were waiting to put your house on the market. It's really strong right now so you shouldn't have a long wait. We had 3 offers the very first week! And very close to list price. The market is so different now than even from a year ago. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks
      that's the idea- put the house on the market during the spring. But we may have waited to sign the contract if we knew all this was going to happen. Oh well- at least my house is gorgeous, lol.

      Delete
  4. The market is turning around right now since spring is right around the corner. I look your backsplash, very good choose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love not look* and Choice not choose*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, don't you wish Blogger had an edit button for comments?

      Delete