I am not a cursing woman but I am seriously thinking about it. We are set to close on Thursday-or so we thought. The mortgage company that NVR set us up with decided they needed MORE paper to verify our income.
Problem 1: we just found out 2 weeks ago that we were suppose to close on the 12th.
Problem 2: Discovered that they had sent a pre approval letter to RH based on us selling our current home when we signed a NON CONTINGENT agreement. They did not send us this letter, just to RH to let them know to start building the house.
Problem 3: they attempted to pull this letter out as proof that we failed at our task of selling our home as agreed upon. We didn't agree upon it because there was no way we could sell our home with how hectic our life is on any given day. We needed to be moved out completely to allow for any minor repairs, a coat of paint and a good cleaning to sell this home.
Problem 4: They calculated my income wrong and disallowed some of my husband's income thereby increasing our DTI.
Problem 5: they now want a copy of our taxes to prove our income to show that our actual DTI is much lower than they calculated.
I am so done right now. We need one more 1099 to complete the taxes which I have no idea when we are going to get that- I am hoping by Tuesday but in any case NONE of this has been submitted to the underwriter.
I know this will work out but I am so aggravated at this point with this mortgage company that I could scream. Now it looks like WE are holding up the process when that paper work was done incorrectly (by them not us) and we were not notified of closing date until late in the game. If we were told 4 weeks ago- maybe this would have all been resolved.