Friday, December 5, 2014

Surprise! Foundation is Up

Another day another drive by and this ends with quite a pleasant surprise.  Two days ago, I didn't think that had poured the foundation and I didn't expect them to, due to the wet weather.  Lo and behold this is what I see when I pull up






I didn't get too close as I didn't want to disturb anything but I think I will go back on Sunday to get a closer look.  I can clearly see some of the reinforced steel through the walls (not the parts hanging above the walls).  I think I also see a little buckling near the same spots but that could be because it is wet.  I don't know if this is normal or not but it does have me a little concerned.  
I texted our PM yesterday for an update and he responded today.  He said that next week they will do a back fill around the foundation and pour the basement slab.  Will the back fill take care of the thin spots and the buckling?  
He also mentioned that the lumber would be delivered the week after next.  Excited or not- I don't want them to start framing if the darn foundation isn't right.  Time for me to make my presence known on the construction site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment