Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

The world is in turmoil:  riots and pudding pops. But in the midst of the chaos that surrounds us there are still many reasons to be thankful.  So many in fact one day should not be able to contain it.

So I am thankful for the bumps and bruises that made me who I am today.  From the struggle of paying rent in my youth to building my new home.  From miscarriages to 2 healthy children.   From "we're not hiring" to being highly sought after.  From hourly wage to salaried.  From seizures to seizure free.  I am thankful for it all.

Now entering this new phase of my life I am thankful of the prospect of hosting friends and family, of parties and get togethers, of being the gathering spot for the neighborhood kids.  For Thanksgiving dinners and Christmas mornings.  For birthday parties and barbecues. 

When we gather tonight at the dinner table, I will remember these things.  I will remember these things even as I worry about my children and what their future  will bring.  And hoping that their bumps and bruises (and some guidance from his parents) will help to create wonderful men who are leaders, great husbands and wonderful fathers.  

I hope this post finds you in a peaceful place, an island of tranquility in a sea of chaos, thinking of all  you are thankful for including your bumps, your bruises, your knocks and your stumbles. 


Happy Thanksgiving 2014


3 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I happened on your blog today and I am so glad I did. I am a FNP from NYC who has plans of moving to Delaware by the end of 2015/early 2016. I hope to be moving into my own Courtland Gate at that time. I already have my preferred elevation and options picked out sight unseen! I loved reading your story about you and your family and I look forward to following your process and yes! you have a lot to be thankful for! Always remember the Will of God, will never take you where the Grace of God won't protect you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! The Le Grange in Delaware has the CG Model- (as read we did the sight unseen thing too ;)

      Delete
  2. I am so happy to see you moved into your new home and are enjoying the blessings of it. This too is something you'll be thankful for! I did see the CG model at La Grange and fell in love with it even more. I ended up going with the Covington model by DR Horton instead and have been happy with that choice. They just started digging today and tentative close is end Oct to mid Nov, so the dream is finally becoming a reality! May God continue to bless and guide you and your family.

    ReplyDelete